Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cross that line and you're a dead pigeon!

There used to be a well here, but it was filled in in the 17th century, according to the inscription. It's on the south side of the Piazza, more or less in front of Florian's. I wonder how many of the millions who walk across the Piazza have noticed it. This is one of the very few things in Venice that I have seen without reading about it first and going to look for it. I was probably looking for tomorrow's photo at the time.
From some of the comments on yesterday's photo, I can see that some readers think that my photos are being taken, like Pierre's, on a more or less daily basis more or less now. But this is not the case. I live in England, and I was last in Venice in October 2010. So none of my photos was taken recently, and, so far, none of those that I have posted was taken anywhere near the appropriate date. I did explain all this when I took over. Yesterday's photo was taken on 30th September 2010, and today's was taken on 30 April 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment