Sunday, February 20, 2011

Patience is a Virtue


Here's a photo taken at about four o'clock in July 2009. I was hanging around for three hours to get this. And this one did need me to ask a couple to get out of the way! The funny thing was, they had spoken to me minutes earlier, and sympathised when I explained that I was waiting to take a photo with nobody in view. They then walked down the street and stopped, looking in a shop window for what seemed ages. So I yelled down the street, "Now there's only you!" and they kindly hopped into a doorway for long enough for me to take the shot.
I think it's a bit like the ripples thing - anyone can take a reflection shot in Venice with ripples, or a street with people, but a shot with no ripples or no people is a rarity.
If you can enlarge this enough to read the nizioletto at the end of the street, you should be able to find this popular thoroughfare, or you may recognise the trattoria.
Here's the answer (in white) for those who have not made patience their virtue: Frezzaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment