Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spaghetti Squash w/ Basil Brown Butter, Fontinella Cheese, and Toasted Pecans!

When was the last time you had spaghetti squash? For me, it's been ages! I actually forgot how good it was. I actually got reminded of spaghetti squash while flipping through a magazine a few weeks ago. The recipe used brown butter sage, but seeing that I'm a basil kind of girl, I thought I'd change it up!

You could use toasted walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts, whatever you like. Same with the cheese, romano, parmesan, provolone, I happen to have fontinella on hand which tastes like provolone so I used that, which was excellent, nice and sharp!

I had this for lunch today all by myself, and I can honestly say, I enjoyed every bite!
Here's what you do, it's so easy!

1. Take a spaghetti squash, cut it lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, lightly oil it, and add salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet in a 350F oven, for about 30 minutes or until knife goes through.
2. Toast your nuts in a saute pan, remove.
3. Melt your butter, toss in the basil, and cook till it browns.
4. When squash is done, take a fork and fluff up all the strands.
5. Pour your butter sauce all over, sprinkle with the nuts, and garnish with your favorite cheese.

It was so good I think I'll have the other half tomorrow!


Buon Appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment