Sunday, December 20, 2009

With a little help from our friends

You've seen the post about my friend Jennifer who is photographing our wedding, right? In almost every aspect of our planning, we've recruited loved ones to participate and it has made the experience richer and more special than we could have imagined.

We happen to have amazing and talented friends (I know I know, I said that already), and Lena is one of them. We met on a summer abroad program at Oxford in 1998 and have been in each other's lives ever since. (I was with her when she met her husband and I was in her wedding.)

We've shared so many good times...Lena is funny, smart, beautiful and is an incredible mother to their little one, who happens to share my birthday.

The girl is super crafty in a way that could put Martha Stewart to shame. She makes birth announcements, invitations, and various other stationery-centric things so when I asked her to make our wedding invitations, she enthusiastically said yes. (Thank you!) Knowing Lena's incredible eye for style, I knew we would have fun collaborating and was confident that she would take the image and the colors I had and make magic out of them.

Aren't they fantastic?

I just love the ribbon that holds in the R.S.V.P. envelope, the square shape with rounded corners, and the typeface that she chose. Lena, you outdid yourself!


Being engaged has been one of the most exciting experiences we've had. The planning and anticipation will soon transition into the wedding, an immensely special day in our lives. Having the announcement of our union made by the loving hands of one of my best friends is a memory that we will both treasure.

Thank you Lena, you are a dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment