Friday, April 24, 2009

Grilled Rack of Pork with Pomegranate Glaze

I've seen so many great recipes floating around in the blogosphere using POM Wonderful, I was fortunate enough to receive a case of this wonder juice myself. After holding on to it for a while, drinking some and giving some away, I decided to make a glaze with it. Seeing that its BBQ season again ( yipee!) I thought it would be perfect with some grilled meats. Well let me just say, it was!

I grilled and seasoned my rack of pork, with garlic, rosemary and thyme, and at the last 15 minutes I brushed a little glaze all over. After it rested for about 10 minutes I drizzled more of this beautiful colored glaze on top. I served it with some whole wheat couscous, and a raw kale salad made with fresh lemon, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.

This stuff is like a superpower!! 100% pomegranate juice, the health benefits are amazing! Just look at that color, doesn't it just scream ANTIOXIDANTS?

Reducing this down makes the most delicious glaze! This recipe was adapted from the
Everyday Food site.


POMEGRANATE GLAZE
2 Cups Pomegranate Juice
1 Cup of Orange Juice
1 t. Dried Rosemary
3 Smashed Garlic Cloves
2 t. of Red Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

In a large skillet combine everything, boil on high reducing in half while scraping down sides of skillet with a wooden spoon or a heatproof spatula. After it thickens up a little strain everything through a fine mesh strainer. After I did that, I thickened it up even more. When finished, stir in 2 t. of red wine vinegar. Store leftover glaze in the frig.


For tons of ideas and recipes, and the many health benefits of this wonder juice go here.


Have a great weekend, and Buon Appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment