Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shrimp... Simple, Quick, and a little Fancy

I always keep a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer, I like it for the convenience when I don't have time to run out and get fresh, it's easy to defrost, and it makes for a very quick dinner, and besides for a minimal amount of money I can get a few meals out of one bag. I think I paid $11.00 dollars for a 2 pound bag of jumbo cleaned and deveined ready to cook shrimp, you can't beat that! Here's a couple of my favorite ways to prepare it.

Bucatini with Shrimp and Roasted Tomato sauce
1.Roast your tomatoes at 400F till all of the juices burst out, remove from oven. I used those Campari tomatoes on the vine, cut in half drizzled with olive oil, S&P.
2.While tomatoes are roasting saute some shaved garlic in olive oil and toss your shrimp in there, remove when they're almost done.
3. Toss in some white wine, reduce a little and scrape all the tomatoes and every bit of the juices into the pan,
4. Add back your shrimp, toss in some chopped basil, and blend it all with your favorite pasta, bucatini works well with this.


Shrimp Aragonate
This is baked stuffed shrimp, with tons of flavor, this is a great dish for a party too. You can make a huge pan of these, or just a few, to go along with a steak as a surf and turf.


1.Preheat oven to 450F. Oil a large baking pan.
2.In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, fresh or panko, fresh parsley, and crushed garlic (don't be shy). Stir in olive oil to moisten the crumbs.
3.Arrange the shrimp single layer, curling each shrimp into a circle. Spoon a little of the bread crumb mixture onto each shrimp. Drizzle a little more olive oil on before baking.
4.Bake until the crumbs are browned and the shrimp are cooked through when cut in the thickest part, about ten minutes.
4.Serve hot or at room temperature, with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from, "Entertaining with the Soprano's"

Its been so nice to see and smell spring flowers popping up all over, here's some I have popping up around my house. I just love the smell of hyacinths!
Have a great week, and Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment