Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zucchini Coins with Fettucine

Good food doesn't have to be expensive. In fact some of our favorite meals are very simple and not complicated at all. For a few dollars and less than 30 minutes you could have this on your table, and probably some leftovers for lunch the next day.

We enjoy meatless meals often. Sometimes I walk up to the meat counter and do a blank stare.
Been there, done that, did it! Don't get me wrong, we're meat eaters, but I have to say my favorite sections at the markets are the produce sections, I just love the variety, in fact that's where I spend most of my money!

For this dish, cut your zucchini into coins and saute in olive oil till golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. In the meantime have your water boiling for your 1lb of pasta. In the same pan you sauteed your zucchini, add 2 shaved garlic cloves and about 1/4 cup of olive oil cook till light golden, also add some pine nuts till toasty. Add your cooked pasta and about 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water.

Turn off your heat, add back your zucchini, a good amount of grated romano, and chopped fresh parsley. Toss gently.
Believe it or not I've never had a veggie garden, I usually only want to grow tons of herbs, especially my beloved basil!
This year hubby's going to try organic veggies (he's the gardener) he just broke ground on Saturday. I'll show you how things go as we progress.

Buon Appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment