Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Venetian Backyard



The last mystery photo was such a resounding success (!) that I'm going to give you all another opportunity to display your knowledge of Venice.
This corte was under restoration for at least a couple of years, as I tried to get in to take a photo on several visits. Below is the reason that I was trying to get a photo.
This photo comes from "Things Seen in Venice" by L. and L.M. Ragg, published in 1931, so I hope it's out of copyright. It was captioned "A Venetian Backyard". If you haven't been into this backyard, you will have great difficulty in finding it, as it is off the beaten track, so I will give you a bit of help – it's quite near to San Zanipolo.
For those who can't wait, here is the answer (in white): Corte de la Botera
You just need to drag your cursor over the area to see the words.

Btw, Pierre is back and will be posting again soon. I will post now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment