Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cooking Demo ala Timpano

For the past week I've had a knock down dragged out viral infection that kept me from cooking in the kitchen or anything else. I'm happy to say I feel so much better now, and after living on soup for a week I'm excited to eat something different.


I'll be back in my kitchen tomarrow, but for now I wanted to leave you with a visual of a cooking class/demo I did for the Italian/ American club that I'm a member of. I demonstrated making a Timpano like the original one from the movie "Big Night" with Stanley Tucci.


If you're not familiar with a Timpano or never heard of it before, it's a drum of pasta, 3 pounds to be exact, homemade mini meatballs, sauce, provolone and romano cheese, hard boiled eggs and salami that's all incased in a pasta dough and baked in a very special pan. Perfect for large crowds and big parties. We had 23 people in attendence and each had a generous slice for tasting, many came back for seconds. When I first started my blog in 2007 I did a whole post on it which goes into a little more detail. Click here to view.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment