Friday, December 26, 2008

Pannetone French Toast

This time of year Pannetone is everywhere! This sweet, almost brioche type dough, tastes like a fluffy bread/fruitcake that is laced with candied fruits and raisins.
The minute you open the box and unwrap it, you're hit by the most intoxicating smell! I rarely buy these because my hubby could literally eat the whole thing within a day. He tears off piece by piece, and before you know it, it's all gone!

This time I hid the box from him because I knew I was going to make french toast with it for our breakfast yesterday. If you haven't tried it this way, I highly suggest that you do, it's way beyond good!!!! and it's perfect for a special occasion.
I usually whisk up 1 egg per slice, you'll find that it really soaks up the egg mixture. Add in some milk and half and half, or cream, pour in some pure vanilla, and maybe a touch of cinnamon. Melt your butter in a large pan, and cook till nice and dark golden brown. Serve with warmed real maple syrup.


Needless to say, the hubby was very happy, and so was I!


Buon Appetito!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment