Wednesday, December 17, 2008

more hat mania

I have been busy as a bee, making massive amounts of Christmas presents. These are the latest, but I still have a few more to go.

I saw the cutest Elmo hat here, by Annie. She has the cutest creations! I decided to make the Elmo, and try to make a Grover. I am not finished with the Elmo, but here is Grover. I think he came out pretty cute for not having a pattern. I had to rip out his eyes a few times to get the size right (that didn't sound good!) but, I finally figured it out.
This next one I made for my father in law. I was running low on manly colors, and had to combine a bunch of scraps, but I think it came out pretty nice. This one is crochet.
This one I made for me. It started out, funny enough, as the body for a teddy bear, but I used the wrong yarn, and crochet hook, and it was HUGE. I thought it might work as a hat, and sure enough, it fit. A few alterations, and it became my newest hat.

This last one I was trying to figure out a way to combine crochet and loom knitting to make this hat, which is so flippin' cute. My idea wasn't working out, so I improvised, and came up with this little flapper-esque style hat. Check out the hats on Knitterella. SUCH adorable things!
Well, that's it for now. Back to knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment