Wednesday, December 3, 2008

new knitting projects, parades and trip pics

I have finally pulled out the ol' knitting looms and made some new projects! Now that I started, I can't stop. haha I made four hats in the last couple of days.

I had forgotten how to do some things, it has been a while. Thank goodness for Purling Sprite and Isela and her wonderful videos! She also has a new purl stitch method, which rocks!

Here are the hats:

This is a reindeer, I used a loom and some crochet. I suck at emboidery so I opted for button eyes. My dear husband pointed out to me that deers don't have whites around their eyes, and my deer does look a little like a bear, but oh well. The hat is for a three yeaar old. haha I thought about putting a red nose on it, Rudolph style, but decided against it. But, without the baby horns it does look more like a bear...
This hat is a tulip, similar to my BabyBell hat, but I used crochet on the end, instead. I love this one. came out very cute, and it was very easy. And I love to crochet.
This hat is a little disappointing. I hate working with that fluffy eyelash yarn. There is no give to it, and the majority of the fluff is on the inside of the hat. I tried using a crochet hook to pull more through to the front, but it was a pain in the arse. It is still cute, but not as cute as I wanted. I was going to cover more of the hat with it, but it was a pain to work with.

This last hat I made last night. I love the yarn, it is a nice fat wool, and the colors are really pretty, a deep chocolate brown and a baby pink. I wanted to keep the hat for myself, but I look like a dork in it. haha I used Isela's purling method for the band, and it looks really nice. (Thanks Isela!) Also, with her crochet cast on, the edge is super nice.

So, those were my little projects. Now I am trying to think of more things to make. I might so another tulip hat, but am trying to think of something new to try.

Back in October, it was the Festa della Madonna della Gamba again, but this year they brought out the statue, which they only do every 25 years, so it was a big tadoo. There were SO many people in the street, and the weather was beautiful for all the festivities. I shot some videos of the event, and am slowly getting them uploaded to my channel on youtube.
They also had a Medieval parade with some pretty costumes and dancers and music. But, it also had some scary looking dudes - something you don't see every day.... I am assuming they were Medieval religious folks, and not the kkk. (although I guess this is where they got the idea for the outfits from? eek) Video here.

Video of Madonna della Gamba statue:


I also need to sort through my hundreds and hundreds of pics from our summer vacations - St. Maxime, St. Tropez, Cannes, Sarlat, Aix en Provence, Aix les Bains, Les Baux, Wengen, Jungfraujoch and Vienna. Here is one from Vienna, unfortunately the sky was dark, so a lot of the photos are not as spectacular as they could be.
And Franco up at Jungfraujoch:
And one of the castles we saw, in the Perigord region, the Hautforte:
And the Losse castle:
And me in a pretty garden we visited:
And finally, one more, the Pope's Palace: I will get the rest sorted out and uploaded to my trips album! There are just so many! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment