Thursday, October 9, 2008

Roasted Carrots and Shallots, w/ Olives and Gremolata!!




This recipe really takes the humble carrot and makes it the star of the show! It's a perfect autumn side dish, and great for any holiday table. I actually saw this while flipping through some magazines in Border's one day. What caught my attention, was the use of a parsley, garlic, and lemon zest gremolata, which you use as a garnish. The gremolata gives the carrots and shallots a depth of flavor that makes the whole dish pop!!



Cut your carrots length wise and place on a baking sheet along with your shallots that have been peeled and cut in half. Drizzle it all with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme. Bake at 425F for around 30 min's, they will start to caramelize but still have a little bite to them.


For the GREMOLATA

I used my micro plane to zest my lemon and also my garlic. I just used one clove and it was enough. Chop up some parsley and put it all together with a drizzle of olive oil and pepper.


When the carrots and shallots are finished roasting and all is still warm, toss in the gremolata and some good green olives. That's it!!


Buon Appetito, and have a great weekend!

I want to take this time to brag a little about my son Tony. You know, us mothers need to do that every now and then. This Sunday morning he is running in the Chicago Marathon, 26.2 miles, he has trained all year for this! This will be his first. The transformation of him has been phenomenal, he is now a lean, mean, running machine!!! This weekend we're all going to cheer him on in this enormous test of endurance, I'll be sure to take some photo's to share with you all. Wish him a great run!


No comments:

Post a Comment