Tuesday, October 28, 2008

amanda and raffaele indicted in slain british coed case

PERUGIA, Italy — An American college student and her former boyfriend were ordered Tuesday to stand trial in last year's slaying of her roommate, while the judge also convicted an Ivory Coast man in the killing, lawyers said.

The judge indicted Amanda Knox, 21, of Seattle. and Raffaele Sollecito. of Italy. on charges of murder and sexual violence in the stabbing death of Meredith Kercher. A trial for the two, who deny wrongdoing, will start Dec. 4.
Rudy got 30 years. You can read about it here.


Wow. I am stunned. It has been a year, and I have flip flopped on who I thought was guilty so many times. I was torn between Rudy being innocent, and all three of them guilty.

Rudy, it seemed, had the most credible story, and made the most sense. But the evidence and case they built against all three of them, as they reveal it, does make it seem like all three were involved.

I kept going back and forth because it was hard to imagine a pre-meditated murder by Amanda and Raffaele....but a drunk/drug night, gone terribly, terribly wrong was more believable. But, Rudy is the only one who claims to remember anything from that night, and his story seemed to make sense.
I kind of thought, since Rudy took a fast track trial, that he would flip on the other two, or something. I am also really suprised that the other two haven't turned on each other. But, I think I did hear today that Raffaele is talking, turning on Amanda.

Wow, just bizarre. So, now Amanda and Raffaele will have their trials. They are still waiting for the judge to decide if they can leave on bail. I would imagine they are worried about Amanda bailing the country. It will be interesting to see what happens with Amanda and Raffaele now that Rudy got 30 years...
I still feel most sorry for all the parents involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment