Monday, July 21, 2008

BURRATA!

If You're lucky enough to come across some Burrata cheese, please don't hesitate to pick some up. Yes, it's a little pricey, but worth every single penny! It's a food experience you're not likely to forget. I happen to be at the right place, at the right time, the other day when I saw a special display of Burrata set up over at Whole Foods.
Imported from Italy, this artisanal cheese has a very short shelf life of about 2 weeks because it is fresh and not aged at all. This is not something that Whole Foods has in stock all the time, they try to get it in on all the holidays though. Even they were surprised when they got this shipment in. They tell me when it does come in it sells out so fast, so that's why I said I was there at the right time. Lucky me there was 3 left!
Don't you just love the packaging!!

The best way to describe Burrata is think fresh mozzarella kicked up a couple hundred notches, with a luscious creamy-like center that's filled with a mixture of heavy cream and stracciatella (little rags) or curds of mozzarella. When you burst open the center everything oozes out!
This must be eaten at room temperature for maximum flavor and creaminess.
I roasted some Campari tomatoes with olive oil and purchased some spicy olives to go along with it, and of course some warm crusty bread!


I can't think of a better way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon, sipping on some cool crisp white wine to go along with our Burrata treat, al fresco style!



You can also cook with Burrata, you can put it on pizza or any number of things.


But Me... I prefer it in it's purest form, just like this!! I urge you to seek out this cheese if you've never tried it, and savor every bite!!

BUON APPETITO!



No comments:

Post a Comment