Friday, July 25, 2008

house hunting continues...

I have been visiting houses and apartments this week, still searching for that perfect home. I love our little house, and think it is so cute, but it is just too darn small. No room for guests, no yard or garden, and not enough garage and storage space!

It is really hard to find a single family home, here. Most have been converted to apartments/multi-family units, or are super expensive.

I looked at a split home the other day, that had an amzingly beautiful view, with a huge yard, and it was a big apartment. The drawbacks are that the building is 30 years old, and in need of repair. But the biggest negative was the other home owner. He had about 5 or 6 abandoned cars, full of paint cans, and crap EVERYWHERE on his side of the house. That would drive me CRAZY!

So, we scratched that one off the list. There were just too many things that needed fixed or changed. (Including an artdeco bathroom...)

Today I saw a big apartment, with tons of storage space, but a tiny yard, and it was in a big multi-unit building.

Tomorrow we are going to visit a home, that has a great view, and a huge yard. It has potential. Of course, all that could change, once you get inside.... hahaha

I am so addicted to the shows on HGTV, ALL of them. I want to get a house and fix it up, and apply all those fancy techniques I have learned. ahaha The main thing i have learned is how to stage a home to sell it, and the people in Italy HAVE not learned that technique. One couple followed me all around the house, smoking... *ewe*.

I guess with good properties being so hard to come by, they don't feel the need to *stage*. But this house has been on the market for a while, and they can't sell it. (Perhaps I should become a stager here....)

I really wish that HGTV would come to Italy, and help me find a house, and show me it's potential, and help me fix it up. Is that too much to ask? haha

My mom will be here in one week!!! :OD And then off to the French Riviera we go!
Hope all is well!
(don't forget to visit my other blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment