Friday, May 2, 2014

five days to go funny

I can't believe Christmas is in five days! I finally wrapped our presents and put them under the tree. It is looking pretty festive around here now. (Usually I am very prepared, make my own Christmas cards, and have shopped all year long. I was a slacker this year.)

Yesterday I went to my sister in laws house for the twins birthday party. I made them some presents, and we made them some dvds, and I also bought them some toys for learning english. I was mobbed when I walked in the house. They were so funny, pulling at my bags of presents. They turned two, and they already get the whole present thing! haha

I made a bunch of my Christmas gifts this year. I made Christmas Cards for my in-laws, using a picture of their cabins in the moutains, all covered in snow. It turned out very cute. I also made posters and t-shirts for my Seattle niece and nephew, that I loved. I am posting the pics now, since they already opened the package! I said to wait! hehe I changed Zo's bike to green, to match the Grave Digger Monster truck.
Online photo shops, like Kodak, make it really easy to make gifts for people. You jsut have to upload your photos, and pic the type of gift you want, and they do it. Fast and easy! I made my dad a calendar too. And a photo book for my FIL with pics of his cabin that he built.

Here are the silly toys I made for the twins - I ran out of time, so I had to improvise a toy for Greta. The little octopus is actually a small hat that I had already made, and I just stuffed it, and put eyes and a bow on it. Came out kind of cute. The beauty of two year olds is that they are not that picky. haha The little catepillar thingy was super easy to make. The kids all liked that one.
In other news....Italy news has been talking about America, saying that everyone is giving up on Christmas. The news said that spending is way down, charitable donations are way down, and so are decorations and parties, and everything. I haven't read anything about that in the US news. What is going on? I think people are in a funk from the war, the soldiers away from home, all the Bush controversy, the mortgage crisis, China toys being poisonous, etc. However, the news keeps reporting that the economy is growing and doing great, that the war is improving, etc. I think the proof is in the people.

Anyway...off to start dinner.
peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment