Monday, June 17, 2013

"MOONSTRUCK" EGGS!!

I'm a sucker for romantic comedy's, and "Moonstruck" is one of my all time favorites! It's a story about love, life, passion, and strong family bonds. Being Italian American I can certainly relate to many of the scenes in the movie, which make me laugh every time I watch it.

Not only do I love the music, and the characters in "Moonstruck" I also love some of the food scenes. Families sitting together sharing coffee, eating oatmeal deep in conversation. Loretta and her Mom Rose, cooking up some eggs for breakfast in the midst of discussing important life issues.

Today is March 17th, not only is it St.Patrick's day, but it's also my wedding anniversary! Yes, 2 Italians got married on St. Patrick's day many "moons" ago!! Married at age 19, and still going strong!

So, for a little anniversary breakfast I decided to make some "Moonstruck eggs". If you never cooked an egg in a little olive oil, you have to try it. The eggs take on a new dimension of flavor.
In the movie they had some red pepper on the side, I sauteed red pepper, green pepper, onions, and sliced potatoes for some nice color and flavor to go with the eggs.

Here is the recipe!

Take some good Italian bread, make a hole in the middle.
Pour a little olive oil in a pan and brown one side of bread, flip it over when browned, crack your eggs in it, and cook them like you want to. I didn't flip them over cause I thought the picture would look messy, so I kept them sunnyside up, and placed a cover over them to cook the yoke.

It's nice way to make a simple egg just a bit more fancy!!

Happy Anniversary "T" xxooxo!!





No comments:

Post a Comment