Monday, June 17, 2013

BRACIOLE!!

Braciole is something I don't make very often, except maybe for a special occasion, so therefore I thought it would be fitting that I bring this dish to our "Festa Italiana." Please join Maryann and I, if you haven't already done so. There's still plenty of time to bring your favorite Italian dish or drink, you have till March 22nd. Shortly after that we will display all the wonderful things we "tasted" at the Festa! Everything looks fantastic so far!!! ( click for details on top of my blog)




I make my braciole simply with thin cut round steak.




In a bowl I mix together bread crumbs, fresh chopped parsley, chopped garlic,a little salt, lots of pepper,and a generous amount of grated cheese.(I used romano)

Layer prosciutto, (or you can use bacon) all over the round steak, then generously sprinkle the bread crumb mixture all over the prosciutto.


Roll them up and tie them so all the filling stays inside. Cook them in your favorite home made sauce, but be sure to add some red wine, it gives them a nice rich flavor. Simmer till tender.




With every bite you will taste the prosciutto, cheese, and that moist and flavorful bread crumb mixture!







I couldn't resist stopping by my favorite Italian bakery,and picking up a tray of these for all of you to try at our Festa. Their called Zeppole, out here in Chicagoland, and they only come out for a few weeks every March, after St. Joseph's day you won't find them anywhere. We often have to wait in long lines to get these little gems, but believe me they are worth the wait!!



It's a light, fresh pastry dough, filled with the most delicious custard cream, aren't they pretty? Can't wait till you get to try them!

Buon Appetito!!






No comments:

Post a Comment