Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Brunch!

If your not a brunch person you will be after you see Gale Gand's new cookbook, "Gale Gand's Brunch". The other day I had about a half hour to kill before an appointment so I walked into Barnes and Noble bookstore and was immediately drawn to the cover of her new book. One look at the cover and I knew I was going to make this for brunch on Sunday!

Baked eggs, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and pesto all wrapped up in a pretty little package of smokey ham. I quickly scribbled down the recipe on the back of a receipt I had in my purse.

This was so simple to make and the flavors blended perfectly together, it's great for a Sunday morning, or a nice brunch party. I don't have the recipe word for word but basically you take a muffin tin and butter it, purchase the biggest piece of ham you can find at the deli, fold it in half, and half again and fan it out into the tin.


Place a dollop of pesto on the bottom, gently crack and egg on top, one egg worked for me better, but Gale used two. Tuck a couple of cubes of fresh mozzarella on the side and a cherry tomato. Bake in a 375F oven for about 20 minutes, but mine actually took about a half hour.


When cooked through remove from muffin tin, place in a bowl and put another dollop of pesto on top! I'm telling you this is so good, give it a try! We loved it so much, and can't wait to make it again! I need to get this book, she also has a great breakfast torta I'm dying to try!
Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment