Monday, February 16, 2009

Seared Scallops with Blood Orange Salsa

I'm still on my blood orange kick, I had four left, so I decided to try making a salsa with them. They're still in season so go out and get some, they're delicious, especially the darker ones!



We love scallops here, so I thought I'd just simply sear some up on my grill pan, and have the salsa with it. The flavors all blended beautifully, the sweet from the citrus, spicy cilantro, onion and jalapeno, were a perfect pair for the buttery rich scallops, but I'm sure some other fish would be just as good too.

You have to supreme the oranges by cutting out the segments, you want to make sure you get every bit, you just have to be a little patient, believe me, if I can do it any one can! Here's a video that might help.


Place your segments in a bowl, add chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, as much jalapeno as you want, a little salt, and a splash of orange juice.


Note**** For the photo I got carried away with the juice, for the second plate I took a slotted spoon so I could drain the juice, and slathered it all over! You're going to love this!!
Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment