Friday, September 19, 2008

Artichoke Frittata

If you're having a busy week, no need to drive threw those tasteless burger places for dinner, you know which ones I'm talking about! Why not go home and whip up a frittata?

Frittata's are quick and easy to make, you can put just about anything you want in them, and it's a great way to use up some leftover veggies or meats.

Great for a light dinner or a fancy brunch, frittata's are pure comfort food for me and the Hubby!

In this recipe all I used was 1 bag of frozen artichokes, ( I'm putting in another plug for Trader Joes, they have the best frozen artichokes, I can't live without them!) which I quickly defrosted in my microwave. While it was defrosting I turned my broiler on, took out my saute pan quickly drizzled it with olive oil, sauteed some green onion, diced red pepper, and thinly shaved garlic. I also tossed in the artichokes (which were gently squeezed of any water) just to flavor them up.
After they were sauteed in the olive oil a little, I took them them back out of the pan, and set aside.

In the meantime beat some eggs with a little milk, add a generous amount of grated romano cheese, salt, pepper and whatever herbs you want, if any.
Pour egg mixture into the pan, now arrange your artichokes cut side up around the frittata, and slowly let the eggs set, about 10 min's. When set, sprinkle top with more grated cheese and stick the whole thing under the broiler till golden brown. Garnish with fresh parsley and more cheese if you want.

After it cools off a little I think the flavors really come out, with every bite you'll taste the cheese, and that hint of the shaved garlic, and lets not forget the star of this dish, the artichokes!

Have a good weekend and Buon Appetito!!


No comments:

Post a Comment