Thursday, May 22, 2008

ROASTED GARLIC PESTO SALMON

As you read this I am still on vacation, I decided to set up and try Bloggers new scheduled posting. I have full confidence that it's going to work, it's really pretty simple, even for a non-tech person like me!
I'm posting this salmon dish because its simple, easy to do, and the flavor is so intensely good!
My Hubby was never really crazy about salmon, he would eat it because I made it, but he would never request it at all. Until.... I made it this way!! Now he craves it and wants me to make it often.
Hey, and its even good for you! Did you know that according to Web MD, a 3oz. serving of salmon has more vitamin D than 1 cup of milk? So it's a great way for all of us to increase are calcium intake, not to mention all the other health benefits!


Have you ever tried roasted garlic basil pesto? I made this just like regular pesto, only I used roasted garlic instead. The flavor goes wonderful with the salmon.
Of course you can use your favorite jar of pesto also, there are some great ones out there that you can buy.


Simply brush the pesto all over your salmon, which is placed on a foil lined baking sheet, that's it!! How fast is that?
Now here is the important part... Along time ago I saw Ina Garten talking about the key to cooking salmon correctly, she said always roast in a hot oven, around 500 degrees.
Roast salmon 18-20 min, or about 12 min. per inch at the thickest part. Remove it from the oven , wrap with foil and let it rest for about 15 min.

Can I tell you it comes out perfect every time! Perfect! Moist! never dried or overcooked, if you just follow her directions, I guarantee it will turn out for you.



Susan over at Food Blogga is hosting an event this month called Beautiful Bones, it's to help bring awareness to osteoporosis, which not only affects women but men too! Please go over to her wonderful blog and read her post on this, it is filled with important information for all of us.

I am entering this salmon dish into her event because it is a calcium rich food which will help us in the fight against osteoporosis!!




Thanks Susan, for hosting such an important event!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment