Tuesday, April 22, 2008

GRILLED CHICKEN OREGANATO

This past weekend the weather was beautiful, which prompted me to fire up my grill for dinner.
Since I was going to be grilling chicken I knew exactly how I was going to make it. I got my inspiration for this from eyeing Amy's huge jar of Marinata Diavola, over at Familia Bencomo.
What a great idea to have this on hand in your frig during grilling season. Go over and check out her recipe here, I had to change mine up a bit because I didn't have any fresh rosemary, so instead I used dried greek oregano, hence the title...Chicken Oreganato.

What ever herbs you use trust me it will be delicious! Its simply a mixture of fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic cloves, sea salt, and pepper, and cayenne pepper. ( I only had red pepper flakes). Put it all in a jar, shake it up and use it as a marinade or just brush it on grilled meats, all kinds of fish, and your favorite veggies.

I didn't make enough, so I'll be making lots more. I love having it readily available in my frig, and the longer it sits, the better it tastes. :)


I even brushed it over my lemons that I grilled. If you have never grilled a lemon, you have to try it, it's sweeter and super juicy! I squeezed it all over my chicken, mmmm was it good!!

If you haven't had a chance to visit Amy's blog, or gotten to know her yet, please stop by for a visit, one conversation with her and you'll think you've known her for years! Really!!!
Thanks Amy!

Happy Grilling!!


No comments:

Post a Comment