Thursday, December 12, 2013

I love Bologna!

And I am not talking about the Oscar Mayer bologna (although I am a big fan of bologna, and hotdogs...and no, I do not want to know what is in them. hehe) But anyway, I am talking about Bologna, Italy.

Franco and I met Cyndi, Gia-Gina and their Italians, outside of Bologna yesterday for lunch at Antica trattoria della Gigina. We had a very fun lunch. Talking and drinking wine and laughing.

After lunch we headed into downtown Bologna to visit the Chrsitmas Market. The town is lovely.


The main street is lined with beautiful buildings, all painted in different shades of pink! My kind of city! hehe We saw the two towers that are still standing - one is leaning so much it looks like the Tower of Pisa! I guess the city was filled with these towers, but over the centuries they have all crumbled to the ground.

I strongly recommend a visit to Bologna! I really want to return, since we didn't have much time there to see much.

Of course, I ran out of the house with my camera, but didn't think to grab my extra batteries, and the ones in the camera were dying. I couldn't take many pics, so Cyndi and her husband took a bunch. I hope they send me some. :OD *hint* *hint*

The Christmas Market was a little too crowded and lacking in Christmasy things. It seemed more like the usual weekely market - with tons of candy and scarfs. (I found a new knitting project!) They had a skating rink set up - but they didn't have any vin brulee. What is up with that?

After the *market* we did some window shopping, and went for a cup of thick, delicious hot chocolate. At seven, we decided it was getting late, and we headed back to the cars. We said our goodbyes and ciaos, and hit the highway.

I was searching the road the entire way, because Cyndi told me there was a Burger King. I never saw it... I think she was messing with me! hehe We stopped at Autogrill for some sandwiches for dinner. The Autogrills were packed!

We made it home in just about two hours. I can't wait to go back to Bologna! And I had such a good time with my new expat friends! :OD

No comments:

Post a Comment