Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Using Up Our Summer Bounty

This quick and easy meal is something I made often this summer, everything is cooked in one pan and before you know it it's on your table, providing you use thin cut boneless pork chops like I used here or some chicken breast.


It's been so hot and muggy here the humidity is off the charts, walking out to my grill is not appealing, sometimes I'd rather cook inside with my nice cool air conditioning on. Yes, you have to heat up your oven for this but it's nothing compared to the heat outside plus it's a great way for me to use up my sweet cherry tomatoes that we're fortunate enough to be picking on a daily basis.

We have an over abundance this year I think we went a little overboard in our planting of cherry tomatoes I'm constantly thinking of ways to use them, I made this recipe up out of necessity and it's become one of our summertime favorites.

I love the different colors and how they cluster together and stay on the vine. They're so delicious fresh, but sometimes I think I love them even more when they're cooked and caramelized, the flavor just intensifies! We have a few different varieties some being heirlooms. Right now I'm looking out my window and all I see is red!


I used my cast iron grill pan, but you can use any heavy pan, you're first going to brown your pork or chicken on top of the stove and then finish it off in a 375F oven until the meat is cooked through and the tomatoes are caramelized.
Pre heat oven
Season your meat with salt and pepper
Brown on both sides in a hot pan drizzled with olive oil
Toss in your cherry tomatoes, I used a lot as you can see
Shaved garlic
Fresh basil
Drizzle olive oil over top of the tomatoes
When finished garnish with more basil, you can never have too much!
Serve this with some five minute cous cous on the side and you're done! I told you it was easy.
Buon Appetito
I hope you can stop by and help me celebrate my 3rd Blogiversary on Sunday, until then have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment